The couple who sailed the 53′ catamaran, KARIZMA, from the South African builder, Royal Cape Catamarans, praised her build quality and excellent sea kindly performance and stability. When she arrived in the Caribbean the couple participated in the 2010 Mount Gay Cup in Grenada and were first to finish, without extra crew, ahead of larger cats. They appreciated the luxurious appointments, light airy interior with superior storage and excellent workmanship and how easy she was to sail with only two. The fully covered cockpit with a custom fiberglass bimini, and aft deck with two transom swim platforms and dive platform is another standout feature that can only be fully appreciated during an inspection.
KARIZMA offers the total package for liveaboard and extended ocean passagemaking with interior accommodations and covered aft deck comparable to 60′ cats. And that’s not all! Learn to free dive with Captain Marcus….
After graduating from the University of Georgia, young captain Marcus McLean and Risa moved to Atlanta, where Marcus had a land job. But it wasn’t him…. Marcus grew up on his father’s fishing boat and yearned to go back to the sea. So he jumped at the chance to sail Karizma to the Virgin Islands last fall, where he enjoys taking his guests free diving.
Free diving is holding your nose and diving down as deep as you can to touch the bottom of the ocean before coming back up again all in one breath with snorkel gear on. He says the Indians, a group of rocks in the Virgin Islands, famous for diving is a great place to free dive. The anchorage is not much of an overnight place, so there are eight or nine mooring balls there, and it does get busy, but it’s a great place to free dive.
New Kind of Toy Onboard – a Subwing! These water sports are so new to the BVI fleet that I had to Google them to see what they do!
Underwater Flight – Introducing the Subwing Honeycomb
- 53’ Royal Cape Catamaran Sloop, built in 2009
- Has Sister Ships: Charter yacht ‘Majestic Spirit’
- Accommodation: Impressive Master Suite with King berth and adjoining study plus 3 Guest cabins, one with Queen berth & two with Full-sized berth plus lower single berth, suitable for parents with small children, but the 9 and 10 person rates are available by request only. All the cabins are air conditioned and have ensuite bathrooms with electric heads and tiled showers. The crew cabin is forward to port with its own bathroom.
- Flexible Cabin Configuration: Ideal for two couples with four to six small children, or for one to four couples, or for six single adults.
- Amazing Chef: Risa is Asian and is an amazing chef – “very fusion,” says Marcus, “all her meals are extremely tasty!” She was cooking lunch for brokers when we were aboard…
- Karizma’s Tender: It’s a 16’ carbon hull dinghy built by Gun Boat with a 60 hp Yamaha outboard.. It has plenty of room to carry ten people and enough power to tow the Sub Wing, Wakeboard, Tube, and Kneeboard carried aboard.
- Additional Sports Gear: Party Island Raft, 2 Stand Up Paddle Boards, Snorkel gear.
- Sportfishing: The Royal Cape 53s are designed for sportfishing. The aft platform has four rod holders and a fish cleaning station. Marcus says, “If you catch a fish on your cruise, Risa will make Sushi for you. That’s a promise!”
- Exceptionally-sized Cockpit: The fully covered cockpit with custom fiberglass bimini and aft deck with two transom swim platforms and dive platform is another stand out feature of these Royal Cape 53s. Karizma has four deck showers with hot and cold running water there.
- Interior Volume Comparable to a 60’ Catamaran: KARIZMA’s hull design provides the ability to carry more without effecting performance, and there are five well-finished staterooms (including the crew quarters) with lots of headroom, large bridge deck with galley saloon, and navigation center. KARIZMA’s staterooms are particularly beautifully appointed, and there is lots of AC.
- Dining: The Deep, U-shaped settee around the folding dining table in the deck saloon seats ten, and the galley is adjacent. Out of door dining is also offered in the cockpit.
- Mechanical Equipment: Watermaker, Generator, Washer & Dryer
- Outdoor Movie Night: Free onboard Wifi, Netflix, Internal and External TVs (one in the cockpit), Blue Ray. Marcus throws a fun Outdoor Movie Night!
- Cockpit: The cockpit features two tables that seat eight guests comfortably as well as a built in barbeque grill located on the aft platform.
- Boarding: The yacht sails year round from Red Hook, St. Thomas – or West End, Tortola
2 Passengers – $15,000
3 Passengers – $15,500
4 Passengers – $16,000
5 Passengers – $16,500
6 Passengers – $17,000
7 Passengers – $18,000
8 Passengers – $19,000
Christmas & New Year Rates: 8 Guest Minimum Rate $20,900
Please inquire for 9 & 10 person Rates